Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rachelle's Big Day

Every year I question whether or not I'm going to teach preschool again the following year.  It's an emotional journey I find myself on as I try to answer that question.  One that I commit to a lot of prayer.  Running a preschool in your home is taxing - financially, mentally, physically, and especially emotionally.

I feel like every year I approach teaching again with an adaptation of the Richard Gere line from Runaway Bride:

"I guarantee there will be tough times.
I guarantee that at some point, [I'll] wanna get out.
But I also guarantee, that if I don't [teach this year], I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

Because these formative years are so fleeting.  And I'm so grateful to be a part of this: