Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If I had a Facebook page...

... here would be my two latest status updates:

Yesterday I got a drink from the FUTURE!
You see, technology is taking over everything, including soda fountain dispensers in restaurants.  (This will also tell you how much we eat out.  Read: NEVER.)  I took the kids to Moe's on a whim to get some kinda-decent Mexican food that was not cooked by me.  When I walked over to where the drink dispenser usually was, I found myself confused.  There was a tiny (comparably) red Coke machine that looked like it would give you only ice.  Only upon inspection did I realize that it was a touch-screen, and that it could basically deliver on any drink your heart could conjure.

Lemonade?  Yes please!  Which flavor?  Orange, grape, raspberry, strawberry, lime...?

When it delivered a perfectly balanced strawberry lemonade, I wanted to hug it.

Shaelyn called it an iPad that gives you drinks.

I contributed to a Presidential campaign for the first time.
I have never financially supported a candidate, but Mitt just had the perfect sticker for my car.  (Whoops, my policy to keep my blog politics-free just went right out the window...)


Can I add Ann Romney to my short list of heroes?  Right now, that list only includes Marjorie Hinckley and, of course, Julie Beck.  But pretty soon it might include a classy First Lady.  And I'm not talking about the one who likes to show off her toned arms.

I really hope when I'm a grandma, I can have a birthday video like this made for me.