Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Living Out Fantasies

So here I am thinking that I'm all original figuring out Katniss' wrap-around braid and duplicating it on myself.

Only to get out to Utah and find that every girl under the age of 25 is doing their hair like that every day.

Maybe that's why one of the camp counselors at the family camp we went to thought I was either part of the teens or young adult group.

Ok, let's be honest.  It wasn't just the braid.  Although I'm sure that didn't help matters.  Maybe when I'm an old lady people will finally believe that I'm an adult.

However, the Katniss braid was crucial for the mid-morning activity.





I guess I'm the girl on fire in this picture.  Or a ghost.

It's a dang good thing I don't have to rely on my ability to put an arrow through an animal's eye to eat, 'cause I'd starve to death.  Not only due to my horrible aim, but also my lack of upper-body strength.  Nothing will make you feel more out of shape than realizing that you can't even pull the string back on the bow without your arms breaking into convulsive shakes.  (Maybe that contributed to the poor aim...)

If I'm ever reaped into the Hunger Games, do me a favor and delete all the words that accompany these pictures.  'Cause the pictures by themselves (without the honest commentary) are something Ceaser Flickerman could work with.  They'd get me a 6 alone, don't you think?