Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Melt My Heart

Last night I babysat the Hunter girls (Savannah, 5 and Brianna, 2) while Michael was away at a church meeting. The three girls were absolutely adorable together and totally melted my heart. It made me very excited to have a house full of kids! Shaelyn shocked me and actually shared with Brianna. She would hand Brianna toys to play with, and then sit back and watch her play with them. Savannah loved to pet Shaelyn’s hair, which Shaelyn just loved! They were playing like sisters and I could picture Shaelyn 4 years from now in that big sister role like Savannah. Brianna was so sweet and kept calling me mommy, which melted my heart even further. And it was so much fun to talk to Savannah about her friends at school and what she does in her P.E. class. All three girls chased each other around "the box" (the downstairs 1/2 bath that creates a box in the middle of our downstairs floor plan) and squealed with delight. Savannah and I played soccer with a bag of soft blocks, which left Shaelyn in hysterics! (The out-of-control laugh you hear in the video? Yep, that's Shaelyn!)



I have loved every stage that Shaelyn has been in so far, and every milestone she reaches, I find myself saying "I love this stage the best!". After tonight, I can see I'm going to love every stage. And while I know having a house full of kids won't be peaches and cream all the time, I really can't wait for Shaelyn to have siblings...