Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Things

(*Disclaimer: Shaelyn broke something on our computer while playing her favorite ABC game on fisherprice.com, so I don't have access to my computer and all my pictures. I have a Baby Talk for June waiting to be published, but it needs a few more pics/videos added to make it work. So hopefully our computer will be up and running soon - SORRY!)

I've been having a little bit of a hard time lately, and without going into details, I've been trying to focus on the happy things each day to stay sane. So something happened last night that usually seems so run-of-the-mill, but I just wanted to remember it.

Maggie (our cat) is in love with Michael. She will snuggle on him and cry when he's out of town. She sleeps with us on our bed, but almost always on Michael. I can't remember the last time she slept on me. But last night I heard her little "chirup" noise that she makes when jumps up on a surface to let me know she was on the bed, then felt her little paws climbing up on me. She will usually do this just to get over to Michael. But this time she stayed, climbed all the way up to my neck, and nuzzled right there. Her whiskers tickled my face and she stuck her nose in my ear, so I could hear her purring very loudly. The weight and warmth of her little body (about 9 pounds) and the lullaby of her purrs just washed over me and I fell asleep with a smile on my face. I appreciate that happy moment.