Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just call me Spidey

When we first moved into this house, I had visions for the two oak trees in our front yard.  Sure, they were puny, and of course, they didn't drop their ugly brown leaves all winter long, but they had potential.

For THIS:

It only took me 6 Halloweens to finally bring the potential to life.  And I couldn't be happier.  I hope Spidey, whom we have not yet named (despite my constant attempts to get the girls to do so), will make an annual appearance between those two oak trees.






And, of course, my favorite annuals - 6 years running:

I don't love Halloween or anything . . .