Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. . . . She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. . . . Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Boy

I guess if you have to be sick in the summer, being sick when the Olympics are on is the right time to do it.  You don't feel so bad about laying on the couch watching 15 hours of TV, 'cause your kids are getting educated in geography, humanities, sportsmanship, counting and numbers - you name it.  There are never-ending educational opportunities with the Olympics!


And your kids can have a blast trying to re-create the current sport being broadcast in your living room.  My kids especially love duplicating the swimming strokes.  And crazy gymnastics moves.  This may result in a trip to the emergency room later.

This boy is making me happy today while I lay miserable on the couch.








Who can be too miserable with that around? 

Remember when I hosted the Winter Olympics?  Here's a glimpse into our Summer Olympic fun:




I wish I would have taken more pictures.  Oh well.  We had fun and it was a sweet preschool reunion for me.